Coat of Arms Where we are located Flag
Club Members A Club Member's Birthday Celebraton Club Member's visiting an Orphanage
New Bed for the Cardiocenter Ward Celebrating the New Year Club Members Giving Gifts to the Children
Carduicebter Roentgen Apparatus Club Membes assist in Planting Club Members Meeting Children
Returning from Camp during the
Taking care of animals Visit of the Governer in Kemerovo Club Members congrdulate Spring Birthday
Club History. The Rotary ClubKemerovo, RCK, Russia,was established and got charter in 1999, 10 September. There’re businessmen and the intellectuals in the club. In different periods, there were between 20-26 members. Now the club has 14 permanent members. The club participated in “Schoolchildren interchange” program, were we accepted 2 children from Brasilia and Mexico. Our Russian children were in the USA and Brasilia.Since our foundation we took under patronage the orphanage “Mechta” (in Prokopievsk region, Kemerovo ), where orphans live and children whose parents have lost their parental rights. Every month we congratulate children with birthdays, take them on holidays to the city, visit theaters, send to camps in the summer, and send 15 children each year, in summer, to live with families in Spain . Every Monday the members meet to discuss questions and celebrate some important event. The President of RCK 2006/2007 – Homichenco Yuri.
Kemerovo (Russian: Ке́мерово) is an industrial city in Russia, situated on the Tom River, east-northeast of Novosibirsk at (55°25′N 86°05′E Coordinates: 55°25′N 86°05′E). It is the administrative center of Kemerovo Oblast in the major coal mining region of the Kuznetsk Basin. Population: 484,754 (2002 Census); 520,263 (1989 Census). It is served by Kemerovo Airport. (From Wikipedia)
History (From Wikipedia)
Kemerovo is an amalgamation of, and successor to, several older Russian settlements. A waypoint named Verkhotomsky ostrog was established nearby in 1657 on a road from Tomsk to Kuznetskaya krepost (Kuznetsk fortress). In 1701, the settlement of Shcheglovo was founded on the left bank of the Tom; soon it became a village. By 1859, seven villages existed on the area of the modern Kemerovo: Shcheglovka (or Ust-Iskitimskoye), Kemerovo (named in 1734), Yevseevo, Krasny Yar, Kur-Iskitim (Pleshki), Davydovo (Ishanovo), and Borovaya. In 1721, coal was discovered in the area. The first coal mines were established in 1907 and a chemical works was established in 1916. By 1917, the population of Shcheglovo had grown to around 4,000 people. The area's further development was boosted by building a railway between Yurga and Kolchugino (now Leninsk-Kuznetsy) with a connection between Topki and Shcheglovo. Shcheglovo was given the status of a city in 1918. Kemerovo, at the time still a village, became part of Shcheglovsk municipality. In 1932, Shcheglovsk was renamed Kemerovo and became the center of the Kemerovo Oblast (Kemerovo Region) in 1943. Kemerovo's position gives it a continental climate with average temperatures varying between −18°C (January) to 20°C (July) and relatively low precipitation, of around 420 mm annually.